Tuesday 7 May 2013

OUGD401 - End of Module Evaluation


1.  What skills have you developed through this module and how effectively do you think you have applied them?

The skills I have developed in this module are mainly research skills into contextual work. This has strengthened my practical work in the second half of this module and has definitely improved my approach to this area of design. I have also improved my essay writing skills.

2. What approaches to/methods of design production have you developed and how have they informed your design development process?


A method of design production I learnt about in this module is creating more than one product for the final outcome. Initially when given the brief, I was planning on creating just one final product, however I quickly decided to create a package of multiple products. Doing this has definitely helped me be more creative and made me do work on packaging, something that I never really like to do.

3. What strengths can you identify in your work and how have/will you capitalise on these?

In this module, I feel my strengths have definitely been in the designing and creating process a lot more than in the research. I finished my final outcome to a high standard, I believe, as presentation is something that I think is very important and I have continuously shown I can do it well. I will continue to produce work at this standard and better it.

4. What weaknesses can you identify in your work and how will you address these in the future?

My weakness in this module is definitely in the research relating to the essay. As essays are not something I look forward to, I lacked in this area of the module, and although I finished it to a good standard, if I took more time to find better research/quotes etc, I think it would definitely be improved. In the future I will try to be more selective when it comes to research and writing an essay.

5. Identify five things that you will do differently next time and what do you expect to gain from doing these?
  • Do research before thinking about how the final outcome will look
  • Let the content of the research influence the design, instead of the other way round
  • Be more focussed on research
  • Look for better sources/ look at books more
  • Do research into areas of design that interest me
I think by doing these five things it will further my understanding and ability in this area of design. It will influence how I design work in all modules and with the right research, it really backs up a concept I have come up with.

No comments:

Post a Comment