Friday 24 October 2014

OUGD601 - Potential case studies

The first thing that I needed to do was decide on a case study. I think that the areas of typography and typography in advertising are quite factual and for me to get an idea of what I want to focus on throughout this project, I need to find a case study which interested me and related to the question.

First thoughts:
After the presentation feedback I thought about the idea of how typography is used in advertising for food, in particular Burger King against McDonalds, or something along those lines.

Another area I am interested in is how the type depicts the actual focus of the advertisement. There are so many advertisements out there now which use images which could easily mean something else if the type was changed, so this is something that definitely relates to what I want to speak about in the essay.

The third idea is to focus on purely typographical advertisements and how powerful those are as they have no imagery.


At this point I think all of them are quite even and I will have to do visual research to get an idea of what route I want to go down. I do feel more confident with the idea now that I've narrowed it down, and I think it could make for a really interesting project.

No comments:

Post a Comment