Friday 17 October 2014

OUGD601 - Presentation Feedback

The presentation went ok. My general theme and idea was well received, however it was commented on that I should focus down more and find an idea within the question which I want to explore and work from there. A case study is definitely something I should consider as well to tie it all together.

It was said that really my theme is typography, not consumerism, as I can do the whole project around typography and advertising without talking about the theory behind the consumer. I think that this is definitely a valid point and something I can move forward with.

While the idea of primary research is good, it was commented on that maybe it's more effort than it's worth. How much would I really get out of it? And how many responses would I need to get for it to be reliable and worth it?

One piece of feedback was that I could focus more on the type itself instead of it's place in advertising, looking into the tone of voice specifically, and how small changes in type alter the immediate response to the piece of work.

Overall the general feeling I get from the feedback was that there are elements that need to be changed or focussed in on, but the overall question and theme are good. I need to go away and work out exactly what I want to talk about and create a practical piece around.

No comments:

Post a Comment